[DeTomaso] Any reason to not lay a ZF on it's side to add oil?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 15:36:15 EST 2011

Mike,

   Ya, but it will be so easy to just stick the nose of the oil bottle in the fill hole and let it fill while I do something else.  I plan to fill it maybe 90 percent and top it off when it's in the car.

    It's dry from a rebuild so it will need a compete fill.  I don't have to worry about residual oil from draining it in the car.

    BTW, Amazon has a good price on Mobil 1 LS gear oil, $11.44 and shipped free.  And I did ask Lloyd about using Mobile 1.  He said it may leak some, but that was the only down side.

Ken