[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 79, Issue 5

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 12:31:15 EST 2011

Laurie,
Can't wait to see your article

I also had a fun with Mike when he shot my car

The first time was at Sears Point (yes I still call it that raceway)
and I had a garage spot with Norcal Shelby being Mr. racer
The car went off sound the first run and I spent all weekend
looking for the problem... Car was running sick by the time
Mikey showed up as it knew he was coming to shoot it
He wanted me to take it off to one of the turns for pics but I  was
so bent out of shape I did not want to go there

I had the cam out went he called again said he needed to
get it done.. I said ok and mocked it up when he came
over.. we pushed it around my shop with Johnny woods
as our wheel man... Car was up and running a few weeks
later after the new cam arrived

I did let him ride in it one time to a meeting with no ill results
He brings his european  Pantera buddies over from time to time  for
an e-ticket ride... he learned to park his VW behind my
car as I leave my shop. . He said I was a little
close to his precious VW going out the drive sideways

fun times

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera