[DeTomaso] Aeroquip AC

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sat Feb 5 09:28:42 EST 2011

Yesterday, I lost all email from my Outlook Express folder and was able to recover everything except the last 30 days.  Second time this has happened in two months.

Therefore, I lost the email in which someone requested more info on the Aeroquip hose conversion.  Hopefully, this response addresses their inquiry.

I've installed Aeroquip lines on one Pantera recently that we converted to a front condenser and am now assisting on a second front condenser Pantera conversion.

On the first, I used a Diesel Keike compressor, new modified evaporator with more Freon rows than coolant with different expansion valve for 134 ( evap and valve acquired through Quella) and large wide condenser that almost entirely covered the front radiator.  The system blows down to 32 degrees

On the second Pantera, we are using a Sanden 508, stock evaporator with Vintage air expansion valve and front mounted condenser.

The Aeroquip lines are impressive for several reasons.

1) You can easily install the fittings while the lines are in place.  The length of hose and angles fittings can be perfect. The tool to install the fittings cost only $45.  No running back and forth to the store to have the fittings clamped on about right.

2) The lines are significantly smaller diameter.  The makes routing through the existing chassis rails easier.

3) The lines are much more flexible.  You can even route the line though the frame rail in the right front fender into the passenger compartment entering above the fuse box.  Really cool.

I bought the parts from these guys.  They are great to work with.  http://www.aeroquip.cc/aeroquipezclipfittings.aspx

And I researched the fittings I needed from this website. http://www.eatonhydraulics.com/products/pdfs/A-HOAC-MC001-E3.pdf

I have excel spreadsheets for the parts I ordered and prices paid for both Pantera applications.  Of course, the end fittings you require may differ depending on compressor fittings and dryer location.  If you would like either excel part spreadsheet, shoot me an e-mail and I will send them to you

JT