[DeTomaso] Cannonball Run Turns 40 - William Jeanes

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 20:21:41 EST 2011

Jeff wrote:

I hope you all can open this. It's a nice memoir on the Cannonball  Runs
rom the 70's. I know of at least one Pantera that made a subsequent  run in
he 80s. Keith Verges of Dallas in his red Pantera made the run with  another
antera owner whose name escapes me right now. And of course Bob
evitt(sp?) this last year.

>>>Those were very different events from the original Cannonball.  Keith ran his Pantera
in the Car & Driver One Lap of America competition in 1995, and Bob was in the
modern iteration of the Cannonball Run, which has much more publicity, and doesn't
run nonstop in an attempt to establish an outright record.

Ah, the good old days....