[DeTomaso] Fan speed controllers

tmshinro at aol.com tmshinro at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 08:42:02 EST 2011

 Been watching the A/C and fan controller threads with interest since my A/C has never worked and I've toyed with doing something about it.

Anyway, I happened to be looking at all things DeTomaso on Utube and ran across this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz7O1yeZeTQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL.   It is a console switch controller by Jon Haas that controls the windows, courtesy lights and the blower fan motor.   If I understand correctly, he says the speed of the blower motor can be adjusted by turning the doo-hickies on the board.

Is this another option to get a third fan speed and a higher fan speed or does it just allow you to adjust the speed down from the normal settings?   Assuming this does the job, I'm wondering how difficult it would be to "package" this card and wiring harnesses under the air box.   I haven't been in there for years but I see to remember there was much room.

Anybody got any real world experience with this controller card?

Tom