[DeTomaso] Amerisport GT5-S fixer-up for sale (cheap)

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 14:21:41 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/3/11 7:49:41 AM, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> It still has a vin right? If the VIN still exist why would that be
> assumed by those not involved?

Agree; I've seen guys fall madly in love with their purchase, and restore
Panteras that were at least as bad. The fact that it will take a monstrous
effort means nothing, really. I once had photos of a pre-L that spent many
years stored outside in Hawaii and EVERY horizontal surface had rust
perforations- including the exhaust headers. The new owner did hundreds of little
TIG-patches over a 10 year period and it's running today. My Florida/CA 'Goose
with corrosion from two oceans was probably that bad too... and the new owner
says he will fix it. Love is blind- J Deryke