[DeTomaso] It's time to think about Open Road Race Season

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Feb 2 23:30:38 EST 2011

It's that time.  The Big Bend Open Road Race is just around the corner
in April with the Nevada Open Road Challenge close behind in May.  Team
Pantera Racing Headquarters has it on good authority that Dennis "Mad
Dog" Antenucci will again grace the Nevada desert with his 1972 Pantera
in this years NORC.  No word yet on any other participants in the BBORR
or NORC, but rumor has circulated some Team Pantera Racing veterans may
show.  David Adin, our favorite grouchy old man from Colorada, Steve
Hawkins and John Bentley may make showings this year.  No word yet on
our Favorite BBORR veteran Michael Frazier but we'd bet he'll be there
even if it's not in a Pantera.  We'll keep on top if it.

So get your Panteras ready, racing is nearer than you think.  Get those
checklists out and make sure your cat is in top condition.  If you even
-think- you'll need tires, NOW is the time to get them not two weeks out
from the start of the race.  Look over all the bearings, check that
clutch, change the brake and clutch fluids.  Look for oil leaks.
Inspect the belts and hoses, the ZF, u-joints, etc.  Check the
expiration date on your race harnesses, your helmet, race suit, shoes
and gloves.  Two weeks from the race is NOT the time to find out you
need new ones.

    * Click here for the BBORR Rule Book. <http://www.bborr.com/rules.html>
    * Click here for the NORC Rule Book.
      <http://www.silverstateclassic.com/docs/2010%20RULES%20rev%201-19-10.pdf>

  Then check out the Team Pantera Racing Seal of Approval page
<http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=39&Itemid=63>
for other recommendations on go-fast goodies.  After that you may want
to pick up some new Team Pantera Racing decals, shirts or the ever
popular and very exclusive TPR Coin.  To do that, visit our Soft Goods
page
<http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=40&Itemid=64>.

If you've been anxious to push your cat to the limits of human and
machine endurance, then now is a good time to start.  Get off the
sidelines.... and drive.

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA