[DeTomaso] ZF trick techno question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Feb 2 12:30:45 EST 2011

I don't recall having any problems when I replaced mine about 10 years
ago.  I put the the bolt through the hole in the case, lowered the
gear by hand (without pliers as I recall) until it hit the bolt, then
carefully extracted the bolt till the gear could pass it.  Continued
inserting the gear while pressing the bolt against it until the bolt
caught the groove that holds it.

But my 10 year memory could be fuzzy.

Asa Jay
<just don't let go>

Quoting cengles at cox.net:

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home