[DeTomaso] DB Starters

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 11:25:14 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/2/11 4 08 12, mjm at knology.net writes:

> Chance, As I told Brent there are no mods to make the swap. The part #
> from DB Electrical is SFD0012 cost $41.00 plus $12.00 shipping. I just called
> them told them that I had a Pantera with a 351C. The # to DB is
> 1-800-753-2242. I used the info that SO Bill had in an E-mail from back in Oct
> 29,2009. And like he said follow these simple instructions and you will be ready
> to rock and roll.

About the only modification that needs to be made is some judicious filing
of the bolt holes in the starter.   Often they are just slightly too small
to accept the metric studs.

Oh, I forgot about something.   You need to get new, longer metric studs:

This is an original stud and a new one side-by-side.   I found them at my
local Ace hardware store, no problem!