[DeTomaso] Irvine C&C Pantera Day Details

Stephen VamVaketis vamvaketis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:02:48 EST 2011

Here are some details and plans for the Irvine Cars & Coffee Pantera
Day event...

=> Date: Saturday, March 5
=> Arrive: Between 6-6:15 AM but no later than 6:30 AM
=> Address: 7905 Gateway, Irvine (next to Mazda building in the north
parking lot of Ford's former west coast HQ)
=> Parking: You have the option of pulling into your parking space
nose-in or nose-out. I imagine those with detailed engine bays will
want to park their car nose-in. It is customary for show cars to park
nose-out.
=> Bring at least one unwrapped toy (no stuffed animals) valued at $10
      Note: You are welcome to donate as many toys as you like

=> Following the show at around 9:30 AM or so, anyone interested can
join those going for breakfast to Pacific Whey Cafe located in the
Crystal Cove Promenade, sight of the former C&C venue. This will be a
short (12 mile) but fun road trip heading west on Laguna Canyon Drive
(route 133) and then north on PCH for 3 miles to the Crystal Cove
shopping center.

  Note: Sunrise on March 5 will be 6:17 AM

The corral is located ON THE RIGHT as you enter the driveway into the
parking lot from Gateway. The driveway to the show lot is located
between the Mazda building and the former Ford HQ building. Pantera
signs, courtesy of Ford, will be posted to identify the corral area.
For spectators, C&C officially runs from 7-9 AM. However, many get
there before sunrise. Those bringing a show car typically arrive well
before 7 AM to ensure a parking spot and to get one they like. In
order to be ready for the public and to allow time to park your
Pantera, please arrive before 6:30 and preferably between 6-6:15.

I am asking those bringing their Panteras to donate one toy in support
of our Toys-4-Tots donation drive. See the note above for toy donation
guidelines. Within the next week or so I will be sending an email to
each participant to confirm attendance and help coordinate those
interested in caravanning with others. Please contact me for any
questions you may have. See you there!

PS. As of today, I have 20 signed-up so we need 20 more to reach our
objective of 40 Panteras.

Steve