[DeTomaso]   Auction results

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 00:56:31 EST 2011

In a message dated 1/31/11 6 12 35, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> Mike, are you referring to the auction car, red in color, with the Ford
> blue engine block and heads?
>

> If that is a Cleveland - link to the photo here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/auction-Torker
>
> Then where is the oil sender boss at the rear of the block?
>
> The intake is for a Windsor.
>
> Edelbrock Torker photos here:
>
> http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=28719
>
> Larry - not an engine geek, but I know when something doesn't jive
>

>>>Fascinating--I do believe you're right!

I thought the Torker was only available for the 351C, but clearly it was at
one time available for the 351W too--news to me!

The engine in the photo appears to have De Tomaso Cleveland valve covers,
which would imply Cleveland heads, which would imply a Cleveland.   But the
lack of the oil pressure sender is a dead giveaway that it's a Windsor block.
  Cleveland heads on a Windsor block maybe?

Or were these flat-top valve covers available for the Windsor too, at one
time?   I don't ever rememer seeing these valve covers on a Windsor.   But if
so, then the logical conclusion is that this engine is 100% Windsor, as
stated.

Interesting!

Thanks Larry! :>)