[DeTomaso] When your car turns/turned 40 how will/did you celebrate?

David G Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Sat Dec 31 21:43:25 EST 2011

Since my Pantera will turn 40 in mid-January 2012 I started planning 1 year
ago Christmas. I decided to see if my hair would still grow for that 70's
look and vowed not to cut it till after my car turned 40. Well, it still
seems to grow and not everyone is happy about it. Since that is mostly
limited to a few people at work I've let it grow longer than it ever was.
Even in the 70's. And it's more blonde than red. Winter blonde that is. I
was hoping to make it to the fun rally like this but that will not be
possible again this year.

So here is my plan to celebrate:

Here in Maryland, I will attempt to drive it every day in January. Rain or
shine. Cold or colder. Without heat. The tax man will get me a new fan motor
in February. If it snows too much I will clear my street so it can get
driven. In February I will cut my hair and donate it to "Locks of Love" if
it qualifies. At least those few people at work will be happy.

What will you do?

In 2013 after all debts are paid I plan to return to the Fun Rally. I just
hope it's late enough in the Spring to be able to drive through North
Dakota, Washington, and Oregon to get there. Then I will have driven it
through all 48 Continental United States.