[DeTomaso] Mecum Auction

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 12:26:58 EST 2011

In a message dated 12/29/11 7 37 38, tmshinro at aol.com writes:

> Just saw this Pantera ad for the January Mecum auction;
> http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0112-120544&utm_source=delivra&
> utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FL0112_T201.
>
> They list the original space saver spare but the picture shows that it
> doesn't come with a a rim, just the tire.

Wow, that looks like a really nice car!

People tend to forget the way Panteras looked when they were new, sitting
on what were then considered low, wide tires, but with today's eyes look
laughably tall and skinny.

The thing is, Panteras set up like that are an absolute delight to drive,
with greatly reduced steering effort.   There's less traction, and when
pressing on, you can get the car to slide in a very gentle, benign fashion
(although of course if you carry things too far, you'll find yourself facing the
way you came from, or worse, same as with any car).

I'll be interested to see what this car goes for....