[DeTomaso] Another Pantera myth? Half shaft bolts

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 28 17:39:04 EST 2011

Well actually, the factory Ford Pantera workshop manual shows the opposite
on page 16-10-04. I have an original manual. It would be harder to see in a
photocopy. In at least three photos, the bolts are shown installed with the
flange nuts installed toward the ZF transaxle. This makes more sense to me
and allows using full size shank bolts which is what the original design
was. If you insist on fiddling them through backwards, you would be in great
difficulty using the stock Ford bolts. (I tried it) But if you use
aftermarket bolts with a slightly smaller shank, you can do it backwards
fairly easily. Maybe just another Pantera myth?

Barry