[DeTomaso] a few measured bolts

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Wed Dec 28 13:24:14 EST 2011

Barry,

Here's the data for the 12 OEM bolts I can find (there's 4  more someplace).

.4370
.4370
.4365
.4375
.4360
.4385
.4390
.4380
.4370
.4370
.4380
.4370

Avg = 0.4374

4 Aircraft spruce 7/16s

.4350
.4355
.4355
.4360

Avg = .4355

The OEMs appear to come from two different manufacturers from the  head
markings with one manufacturer being consistently larger in diameter than  the
other.

The difference, on average, between OEM and Aircraft Spruce ANs in  0.0019
inches (0.44%) larger for the OEMs. The max difference is 0.004 (0.4390  vs
0.4350 (0.9%)) inches larger for the OEMs and the min difference is  0.000
for the OEMs (0.4360 vs 0.4360 (0.0%)).

This data is consistent with your measurements. The OEMs are always
slightly larger than the ANs.

You can have 4 bolts measuring 0.4380 (using Mitutoya  calipers) or
greater. Send me your address and I'll mail them  out.

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 12/27/2011 12:16:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,