[DeTomaso] a few good bolts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Dec 27 21:30:59 EST 2011

In a message dated 12/27/11 17 35 39, b.hower3400 at yahoo.com writes:

> Who supplies the proper bolt? What size do I ask for?

expensive there, anywhere from $4.50 to $10 each.

Aircraft Spruce sells AN7 bolts of the appropriate dimensions, except this
discussion began because Barry thought the OD of the Aircraft Spruce bolts
was minimally smaller than those of his old ones.   I would suggest that the
old ones may have 'swollen' somewhat due to corrosion etc.

I just measured mine--an original bolt mikes out at 0.4375" and an Aircraft
Spruce bolt is 0.4335"   However, my stocker has corrosion which might
account for some if not all of the additional thickness.   I remember that my
stockers had to be brutally hammered out when I removed them, while the new
ones are a light press fit--they don't slide in and need to be gently tapped
in and out, which I think is optimal.

If you go the Aircraft Spruce route, what you need is AN7-11A, which you
can get here for $1.25 each:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an7.php

The matching Nylock nut is the AN 365-720A, found here:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an363_1.php