[DeTomaso] need opinion on oil and filter

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 26 19:38:10 EST 2011

This is the time of year I change MY sythetics.. You will not have a problem changing brands IMO.. I will tell you that before you put a sythetic oil in your engine... IT BETTER BE BROKE IN.. I had a fresh SBC.. that I never could stop from using oil... I filled it with synthetic after rebuilding.. even after changing to a conventionel oil... SOME said "run it hot"  I could not... it was a scalded dog.. but smoked and burned oil..soot the rear bumps.. PS, I'm not an expert .. Bill 1362