[DeTomaso]   L bumper

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Dec 22 11:22:27 EST 2011

In a message dated 12/21/11 18 02 36, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> Surprised that fiberglass L bumpers haven't been offered. Eckler did that
> for 1974 + Corvettes because the factory crap-o-plastubber turned wavy
> really quickly.

Hall Pantera sells fiberglass bumpers, but apparently the mold shrank and
they are substantially too small now, and look a bit weird.   Wilkinson has
his own mold and makes carbon fiber L-model bumpers which are the right size,
but they do require a bit of trimming to fit.   Rick Moseley had a set on
his Pantera, many moons ago, which I helped him fit.   It wasn't a huge chore
to clearance it so that the hood could open properly....