[DeTomaso]   L bumper

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Dec 21 20:43:57 EST 2011

In a message dated 12/21/11 15 18 51, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> How expensive and difficult is it to give them chrome bumpers?
>

>>>It's not as expensive as it used to be, now that an outfit in England is
making perfect reproductions of European L chrome bumpers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tomaso-Pantera-brand-new-bumpers-SALE-OFF-US-168-/
350497297879?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519b4455d7

The photo of a car shows a Pre-L with integrated turn signals; however
their bumpers are actually Euro L-style, which could easily be used to put
chrome bumpers on an L-model Pantera.   You'd have to drill some small holes for
the studs on the bumpers, and fill and paint the holes where the one-piece
bumper rams penetrate the body.

That topic is covered in depth on the Panteraplace.com website:

http://www.panteraplace.com/page105.htm

He had to do a lot of paint work, but with proper preparation, I think it's
possible to avoid all those hassles.

As for repairing a stock one-piece front bumper, that topic is also covered
in depth on the Panteraplace.com website; it IS possible to make them look
like new again, and it's not terribly expensive or difficult, from the looks
of it:

http://www.panteraplace.com/page158.htm