[DeTomaso] Vin #2186 and had an "L" bumper ??

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Dec 19 14:32:33 EST 2011

My 2511 has L bumpers front and rear. Bob Benson's 2512 still has the small chrome.

A veteran Pantera owner told me years ago that when the L model arrived, some owners
of the Pre-L models thought their cars were now dated as being the "older" Pantera model.

So they tossed the chrome ones, bought turn signal pods to installl in the front valance,
and the two newer L bumpers, and proceeded to 'update' their cars.

Whatever the case with the 2186 car, nothing on our cars can be said to be (or not be) OEM unless you are
dealing with a one-owner car, or the rare critter Pantera that still has a complete provenance.

Larry