[DeTomaso] made in China

doug sedon sedond at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 00:05:23 EST 2011

hi all,

different strokes for different folks.  i would DEFINITELY buy a japanese car assembled in the usa before i would buy an american car assembled off-shore.  there are a few reasons for this.  i would rather support the american working class than the selfish fu*ks that send work off-shore.  (it would be one thing if the product were cheaper, but it's not; the profits are inflated, nothing else.)  i would rather support a company that pays its top execs "only" an average of 30 times what its average white collar salary is, (i.e.: asian and european companies), than support a company that pays its top execs an average of 300 times that of the company's average white collar wage (i.e.: american companies).  i would rather support a company that puts the product first, not the stockholder.  if the usa company goes out of biz, you say "game over", i say "good riddance".  i would much rather support companies that do not offshore american jobs, and i
 would much rather buy a chinese produce from a chinese company than buy a chinese product w/an american company's name on it.  (which is what happens most of the time you buy something from an "american" company.

btw, i dare anyone to try to live one year w/o buying any product from china.  can't be done, truthfully.  (someone actually wrote a book about their family trying to do exactly that, a coupla years ago.)  you might be able to reduce your consumption of chinese goods a lot - if you buy from india, indonesia, sri lanka, vietnam, etc...  thank your govt for allowing tax breaks to the american companies that sent their work overseas.

ymmv,

doug s.,