[DeTomaso] 4V cc iron heads

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 14:13:56 EST 2011

In a message dated 12/17/11 7 24 45, coreyjprice at gmail.com writes:

> I think the issue here is the money to fix what I have.  $$$ for seats,
> then resurface, and clean up the spring seat area, plus install port
> stuffers and pin them, etc.  Does it make sense to spend $500 cleaning the iron
> heads up or getting some nice alloy heads for a little more?

It's not a little more--it's a LOT more.   But I doubt you can do what you
want to do to your iron heads for only $500.   I suspect it would be much
more than that--assuming your machining them for roller rockers, etc.

You're looking at $2000 for a complete set of Edelbrock aluminum heads.
$1400 bare.   Those are good street heads, but if you are building a stroker,
they would need some expensive work.   Better to step up to CHI heads,
which are $1895 bare, or $2500 (ish) complete.

Have you actually done the math to determine what you would have invested
in your iron heads by the time they were ready to bolt onto the motor?