[DeTomaso] NPC: Jimmy!

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Fri Dec 16 08:36:59 EST 2011

Indeed!! He was a huge racing enthusiast and by all accounts a pretty damn talented driver. The reason he got out of the sports car racing and went into off road racing was so he could drive. All the Hollywood studios had bans on their stars doing dangerous things like racing cars, but he was able to skirt this by calling the off road races "rally's" which the clueless studio execs (having never heard of events like the Baja 1000) bought.

Gray