[DeTomaso] DOA - The "new" De Tomaso

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Thu Dec 15 23:07:31 EST 2011

While attending the dinner for Tom Tjaarda in Monterey this past August, five of us
were fortunate enough to have Tom seated at our table.  We were seated at a small,
partially secluded table in the beautiful courtyard of the exquisite Casa Boronda Estate
that Jeff Cobb (our host) had so graciously procured for that week .  We had Tom "captive"
for quite a while.

When asked about the new DeTomaso company, Tom replied "THEY'RE CROOKS!!".
Tom went on to say that he has known them for twenty years, and that they have done
some jail time in the past.  Tom alleged it is a "planed bankruptcy".

I asked Tom about the car that was used in the YouTube video, the one titled "is this the
new Pantera????"  Tom said that the car that was used in that video was a one-off (actually
they made two or three cars) made by a company in Germany(??).  The video was "conveniently
leaked" to the internet.

John