[DeTomaso] made in China

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 20:28:02 EST 2011

  Now that everyone else on this forum seems to have chimed in on this
topic, I now feel free to do the same without any criticism, or
censorship from the forum king for having an embedded link.

If we think our problems come from abroad, I would offer up the
following theory I was sent by a friend that relates to this topic - The
Dead Horse Theory.  Here's how it goes:

The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to
generation, says that:

             When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, your
best strategy is to dismount.

             However, in our government more advanced strategies are
often employed, such as:

             1. Buying a stronger (and more expensive) whip.

             2. Changing riders.

             3. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

             4. Arranging trips to other countries to see how other
cultures ride dead horses.

             5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.

             6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.

             7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.

             8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase
efficiency.

             9. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase
dead horse's performance.

             10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders
would improve the dead horse's performance.

             11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be
fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore
contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than do
some live horses.

             12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all
horses.

             And of course....

             13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

             If you don't understand the stupidity in this reasoning,
you probably are happy with the way our tax money is being
spent.

Also, in many cases when something doesn't go our way, we need to look
in the mirror to see who is to blame.  As it relates to the trade issue
with China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc., the following read may partially
explain the problem - and it is us (our government).
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-26/markets/30443753_1_manufacturing-sector-asian-crisis-government-bailouts

Dick Koch - Atlanta