[DeTomaso] made in China

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Dec 15 16:58:15 EST 2011

I would guess yes because the US company has its own profit center and
possibly shareholders if they are publicly traded, but of course it is up
to any company to move profits around anywhere.  I use it as a general rule
when making buying decisions, but I admit that without extensive research,
one never knows where money goes. I just try to do my part and am tired
like all of you of poor quality crap you find in hardware stores and
mega-marts from China. When something breaks after its first use, I always
return it to get my money back, not a replacement, with the idealistic hope
that if enough people returned the crap, businesses would stop buying it.
 I also seek out locally-owned small restaurants when traveling rather than
chains and pick locally-owned small business service providers over chains
too.