[DeTomaso] Scrounging for parts

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:29:08 EST 2011

Speaking of love for one's fellow man, Kirby - are you any kin to August who invented the:
The Schrader valve (also called American valve) is a
brand of pneumatic tire valve used on virtually every motor vehicle in
the world today. The Schrader company, for which it was named, was
founded in 1844 by August Schrader. The original Schrader valve design was patented in the United States in 1893.
The Schrader valve consists of a valve stem into which a valve core is threaded, and is used on virtually all automobile tires and most wider rimmed bicycle tires. The valve core is a poppet valve assisted by a spring.
And, BTW, speaking of good Germans, we used to go to a little local church in Waller, TX, and one of the members was a descendent of Franz Gruber, who did the melody for the song, "Silent Night."       Auf Weidersehn,  Bill Lewis