[DeTomaso] Inspection Camera

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:26:01 EST 2011

As I've been asked for details etc by several people...

I received the Whistler brand, model IC-3409PX.  I have the version with all the trimmings
apparently.  It has a color screen, 9mm head with 4 variable brightness LEDs, 3ft cable
with an additional 3ft extension.  The screen mounts on the control gun, or you can mount
it remotely (wireless).  Takes stills and video in 640X480 resolution. "Made in China".

Google for more info, like:

http://www.amazon.com/Whistler-9mm-Wireless-Inspection-Camera/dp/B005L3HZGS

and

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-123133.html

It is widely available (CostCo, WalMart, Amazon etc) and perhaps sold under several names,
in differing versions, prices vary.

www.whistlergroup.com

This seems like a good tool for a mini-tech session... this coming spring.

How would you use it on your DeTomaso?
I'll start a list:

1) Rocker panel rust inspection
2) ZF tour
3) Intake manifold lost bolt/nut search
4) Cam gear/Dizzy gear mating point check (A la' Mike Drew).
5) ?
6) ?

Chuck Melton