[DeTomaso] Pantera - Brakes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Dec 9 19:15:06 EST 2011

In a message dated 12/9/11 15 36 16, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> I know Mike thinks you should keep the front brake pressure reducer.
> I would throw it away and replace it with an adjustable proportioning
> valve.
> I have driven a car without the stock pressure reducer and I thought the
> brakes were a lot better and agree the front will lock up first.
> But better is better and you don't have to push so hard to lock them up.
> Adding an adjustable proportioning valve to the front would be better then
> the old pressure reducer by allowing the adjustment.
>

>>>I agree completely.

I wouldn't say it's accurate that I advocate keeping the stock valve, so
much as I would say that I don't advocate removing it, without replacing it
with something better.   Removing it entirely is a bad idea.   Leaving it in
place is probably fine as long as it's functioning properly.   An adjustable
valve is probably the optimal solution.