[DeTomaso] NPC Anybody know a good mechanic in Daytona?

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:05:10 EST 2011

This isn't as helpful as I'd like, but don't get ripped off.  The
water pump on my 2003 325i was one of the easiest procedures I ever
did on a car.  I popped out 4 tabs to remove the radiator fan, and
then 2 more to remove the radiator after the hoses.  The water pump
itself was just a couple of bolts and I drove it out using some long
bolts in the holes helpfully provided on the pump.  Since it used an O
ring, installation was just the reverse.  If the 7 series is a V8 it
might be more complicated, and it sounds like some other parts were
damaged... parts are *expensive* but labor doesn't always have to be
long term.  Take a peek at it.  Maybe a 12mm and 10mm wrench and a
screwdriver is all you need to replace it yourself.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso