[DeTomaso] Mid America Pantera Roadtrip to Phoenix

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 7 22:04:51 EST 2011

We drive to Colorado for skiing every year.  We go through two of the safety
corridors.  They are 100% BS.  There's nothing out there.  If it were an
accident prone area before the corridor was built, I imagine people were
hitting coyotes and tumbleweeds.

I bet these safety corridors were built back in the 80's when the Feds gave
states money for innovative ways to reduce speeding.  At about the same
time, Oklahoma kicked up the airplane traps, and Texas bought a bunch of 5.0
Mustangs.  I saw Camaros somewhere else.

I don't know if they're all related, but I bet the safety corridors were New
Mexico's innovative way to get Fed money (i.e. $150 hammer)