[DeTomaso] Fuel Pump

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 6 17:38:57 EST 2011

Tom, There is a vent hole on the pump. If the diaphram leaks, fuel comes out the hole. It can also leak into the oil. You should be able to change the pump without pulling the cover. Just make sure the arm is on the correct side of the eccntric, kinda hard to do wrong.  I had a tiny hole on the suction side of a pump once, and all I got out was gas foam. It stumped me, until I was sitting on the rocker panel scratching my head, and saw a drop of gas hit the ground.Bill 1362