[DeTomaso] Spares

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Fri Dec 2 01:53:51 EST 2011

2011-12-01 19:45, Kirby Schrader skrev:
> That's not filth! That's proof that you DRIVE IT!
> :-)
>
> How much do you reckon it has shortened the length of the 'active'
> part of the shaft?

I just checked, and it appears that the "active" length is about the
same as with the stock shafts.

I measured the distance from the flange on the ZF to the estimated pivot
point in the CV-joint and got it to about 40 mm. I got it to about 45 mm
in the wheel end, those adapters are thicker.

The flange to pivot point of the stock shafts are about 42 mm in either
ends, so it turns out the shafts are almost identical in active length.

Cheers,
Thomas