[DeTomaso] Matt Stone

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 01:03:44 EDT 2011

Next time you see him, ask him if he has any plans to finish the  Pantera
book that he and Ken Freund (another automotive journalist)  intended to
write years ago, but never finished.
Laurie

Hi guys,

I got to hang out with former POCA President, Profiles  editor and noted
automotive author and Speed TV host Matt Stone in Monterey  at Concorso
Italiano
a couple of weeks ago.   He has been at Motor  Trend (and later was made
Senior Editor of Motor Trend Classic) for many  years now.

He told me that he had decided to leave Motor Trend and return  to working
as a free-lance magazine and e-zine author, and concentrate more  heavily
on
his books, and he's been on his own for a couple of months  now.

His latest effort, My First Car, is receiving rave reviews (in fact  the
current issue of Classic & Sports Car names it their 'book of the  month')
and
is a terrific read.   He has several other great books  available on
Amazon.com.   He's doing a lot of video and editorial  work for Edmunds.com
as  well.

Cheers!