[DeTomaso] What to do in Los Angeles area if you are a car nut? Car shows/museums/races?

Bjoern Flesland bflesland at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:56:15 EDT 2011

A good friend of mine (also a Pantera owner, has a 1980 GT5) and I will soon
be spending 6 days in the Los Angeles area.
Staying from 8 - 14. September before the upcoming SSCC event in NV.
Our plan is using Huntington Beach as base camp.
I am looking for interesting inputs as to what to see and where to go when
there.
We are car NUTS and are used to travel for hours (and days) to see a car
show, drag race or a speed event.

We are planning to go to the Petersen Auto Museum as well.
Are there other car museums or car collections any of you can recommend?
What about swap meets, car meets, car races?
Everything is of interest. Thanks!

Cheers Bjoern