[DeTomaso] AC, hoses, fitting, etc.

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 13:44:07 EDT 2011

A couple of us are putting AC systems together from scratch and I have the following questions:

1)  What size hoses?  I've seen diagrams that use sizes 6, 8, and 10 in different parts of the system, is this typical?

2)  Are all the new hoses good for all the available refrigerants?

3)  Is there much difference between flare and O-ring fittings?  I assume O-ring is better, but is it a big deal?  Are there any problems using flare fittings with the newer (small molecule) refrigerants?

4)  Is the main advantage of the Aeroquip EZ Clip system the ability to reuse of the fittings?

5)  Has anyone used the Matercool hose fitting crimper tool?

6)  Any major issues in routing hoses for the nose mounted condenser?

Thanks,

Ken