[DeTomaso] GPS for ORR - ORRS and BBORR

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 15:33:35 EDT 2011

Thanks for the compliment Will...that was a compliment right?

A GPS will only get you to the edge of the ballpark, a good hand on a stopwatch will get on the field, an ability to
drive to and keep your average will get you close to the top, and luck will get you a trophy.  I've been lucky a few times at Big Bend.

That being said, the desired GPS is an old Garmin GPS III. That's because it' reads to the tenth of a mile per hour over 100mph.
It's simple and you can find them on eBay for around $50-60. Preparing for your run and knowing exactly where you are along the way will pay off.

I was in Omaha last month and took the time to go out to Arnold and drive the SORC route.  It's alot different than the Big Bend course.
If you ever get a chance to get out to West Texas for the Big Bend event, I think you'll really like it.  Convenience plays a big part in all though.
I just haven't had the time and dollars to do any of the distant events yet.  Now that I saw the SORC route and have been on the Silver State
course, I still have to say I like the BBORR course the best.  It is a good surface, you don't have to worry about bottoming although I have scraped
the rear cross member on the Pantera once, and you don't drone along in a straight line.  Great scenery and lots of turns.  Try it someday if you
get a chance.  All these evnts just have to take place in a small town setting and all those communities are really happy to have them.
It's nice to share all the activities with the communities as they put up with the racers.

I'd like to get another big group of Panteras out at Big Bend again one day...they miss us.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa