[DeTomaso] Pantera #5606 is for sale

Kerry Maguire kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com
Sun Aug 21 23:21:57 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

It is with regret that I am putting #5606 up for sale.
For the last couple of years I have been fighting 3-herniated discs and steadily worsening arthritis in my cervical spine and the Cat is too much for me to enjoy a drive for any great distance. I cannot thank the club members enough who helped me search for "my car" and guide me through the buying process. Hopefully you all will still welcome me if I walk through the door at the monthly club meeting at Casa Machado!
Here is the POCA album link with pics:

http://www.poca.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=4222

(When club president, Mike Becker is available, we will post an ad on the San Diego Pantera website.)
#5606 has been maintained by Ralph Suarez who lives nearby. The vehicle has about 78500 miles on it. #5606 was sold new in Los Angeles and is rust free and numbers matching. I have a Marti report for the vehicle.
#5606 has factory 15" wheels, 8 and 10 width with near new (less then 1000 miles) Toyo tires on it. I just renewed the California registration this month. The car is "dialed in" and runs beautifully and reliably. The car includes factory service manuals, and factory Service bulletins. I have the sun visors, wiper blades, engine cover trim pieces, rear tub (in great shape) front license plate bracket, owners manual, extra brake rotors, spare ZF gaskets and a new collapsible spare to go with the vehicle. Tom Tajaarda autographed a book of Pantera test drive reviews for me. There are some miscellaneous other items to go with the car that escape my memory right now.
I believe the vehicle to be accident free. I walked around it with a magnet and everywhere I touched the vehicle with it, the magnet stuck.
The A/C works beautifully and blows cold. All lights, turn signals, etc. work.
PRICE: $43000

My best contact is via e mail.

My job requires I work most weekends, so please keep my schedule in mind, if you are interested in the vehicle and would like to see it.

This information below is from a flyer put together 3 years ago from the person that I purchased the vehicle from. He was the second owner and owned the vehicle for 29 years. He told me the first owner was an executive at Paramount Studios.

Engine: 351 C 4v

	*	Rebuilt 1984
	*	Engine balanced
	*	Bored 30 over
	*	Block decked and line bored
	*	Bronze freeze plugs
	*	New TRW pistons
	*	Chrome molly rings
	*	Rods polished and shot peed, heavy duty rod bolts
	*	Crank ground 10-10 Tuffrided and oil holes chamfered, heat treated, oil resistor plugs.
	*	ISKY cam
	*	Cloyes True roller double row timing chain, steel sprocket gears
	*	High volume oil pumps
	*	10 quart oil pan, windage tray
	*	Hall Pantera high tork starter
	*	Aluminum high flow water pump
	*	Holly high performance fuel pump
	*	Heavy duty inline filters
	*	Edalbrock manifold
	*	Holly 750 dual feed carburetor
	*	Neophalactic carb spacer
	*	Inline fuel pressure gauge
	*	Ford Dura-Spark Distributor/MSO system

	*	Stainless steel braided lines.

	Heads

	*	Magna fluxed, resurfaced
	*	Milled to accept screw in studs 5/16
	*	Manley guided plates
	*	3/8 Pushrods, hardened tips
	*	Heavy duty springs, chrome molly retainers
	*	Roller rockers
	*	Stainless steel valves Teflon coated bronze valve guides
	*	Hardened valve seats
	*	Chrome valve covers.

	Exterior Trim

	*	Painted 1995, shows well
	*	All exterior trim powder coated
	*	Aluminum side markers
	*	Aluminum door handles
	*	New glass windshield and rear window
	*	New rubber seals, door, front trunk, rear trunk and stops
	*	New carpet, trunk and tray
	*	New side view mirrors
	*	New emblems
	*	Splash shields, powder coated, new rubber moldings
	*	Hall Pantera hood vents
	*	8-Inch front Campy, 10 inch rear Campy, 205 BF Goodrich , 305 BF Goodrich tires, approximately 5,000 miles.

	Interior

	*	New interior
	*	Hall Pantera A/C and heating system. A/C condenser moved forward. New fan, heater valve, Neoprem hoses, rotary pump
	*	New rubber pads to clutch and brake pedals
	*	New aluminum accelerator pedal assembly and cable
	*	Overhead speaker system
	*	Alpine radio, setup for Sirius satellite radio, I-pod
	*	Billed aluminum - shift handle, seat handles
	*	Seat rollers replaced with bronze units
	*	Hall Pantera replacement foam to seats
	*	Dash recovered
	*	Hall Pantera center counsel
	*	New Bosh window switches
	*	Bronze window gears
	*	New window felts
	*	New turn signal assembly
	*	New Sparco steering wheel assembly
	*	New carpet to front and rear trunks.

	Cooling System

	*	Hall Pantera Phoenix radiator
	*	New fan sensors
	*	Two sucker fans, new
	*	Stainless steel water tubes and pressure tank, overflow tank
	*	New Neoprem hosing
	*	Aluminum cap.

	Transmission

	*	In good condition
	*	Aluminum flywheel
	*	Hay's diaphragm pressure plate panel clutch, throw out bearing
	*	New slave cylinder stainless line and braided hoses
	*	Stainless steel vent tube
	*	Rebuilt half shafts
	*	New speed gear seals
	*	New speedometer cable
	*	Billet aluminum trunion bearing.

	Suspension

	*	New upper and lower ball joints
	*	New Neoprem bushings
	*	New Neoprem motor mounts
	*	Rebuilt brake system, stainless steel braided brake line
	*	New wheel bearing front and rear
	*	New upgraded Hall Pantera master cylinder and brake lines
	*	New brake light sending unit
	*	New Hall Pantera heavy duty rear sway bar, billet aluminum brackets
	*	Original rear sway moved to front of car
	*	Bronze spacer to rack and pinion steering
	*	New rack and pinion rubber boots
	*	New Koni shocks
	*	Spacers removed from springs
	*	Billet aluminum wheel housing camber bar
	*	Suspension powder coated

	Precision Pro-Performance rigged suspension kit installed.

Regards,

Kerry M. Maguire