[DeTomaso] Wanted, used-old "Made in USA" BCA1625 bearing for destructive testing. Throw Out Bearing

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Fri Aug 19 14:46:45 EDT 2011

Guys,

Have run into an issue with the Made in Mexico throw out bearings from BCA
(#BCA1625) throwing the grease out.   Not sure if this is an isolated case or
what...... but one of the guys in AZ happened to pull out his ZF after only 1400
miles and the rear of the bearing was absolutely 100% covered with grease that
had spooged out of the bearing case.  Not just a thin coat, but a serious
slathering of the stuff!   (Old thread over on the PI forum)

I have never had an issue with the Made in USA bearings....but then again, how
many times does one install a bearing and then pull it all apart again in short
order???   Oh wait.....I guess I do that!   (I will be tearing out the ZF in the
Goose in a week or so....and will check my USA bearing after only 2K miles or
so.....we'll see)

ANYWAY, what I was hoping to find, was someone that has an old BCA1625  bearing
with MADE IN USA stamped in the bearing shell that could be cut apart and
compared to the Made In Mexico version to see what changed if anything!

Lemmeno!

Ciao!
Steve