[DeTomaso] Pantera Parts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 23:49:21 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/16/11 20 38 45, cuvee at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Someone on the PI site was looking for one! I think he said he bought a
> fiberglass front bumper that did not fit well?

The Hall bumpers (which several vendors sell) fit terribly because the mold
literally shrank a few years after it was made--yet they kept on cranking
them out.   They are about an inch narrower than the originals as a result.

Rick Moseley had a Wilkinson 'carbon fiber' bumper which fit perfectly
laterally, but it needed some trimming on the back edge in order for the hood to
be able to be opened.

I've never seen an aftermarket bumper that fit as perfectly as the
originals--although I freely admit that there may be some out there that fit so
perfectly that I don't know they're aftermarket! :>)