[DeTomaso] Longchamp header tech

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Tue Aug 16 14:32:03 EDT 2011

I can't buy Cleveland headers that will just fit, I probably have to modify
a bit. In the spirit of minimizing the modifications I surfed Summit and saw
something that didn't exist last time I bought headers: clipsters, something
between the normal long tube headers and the shorties. I think they would be
a lot easier to fit.

Here's the question: Last time I read about tube length, long tubes were for
torque and power in the 1500-5000 rpm band (depending on thickness and
length) while shorties were for high rpm. But looking at a test on the web,
the clipsters and the long tube are almost the same on both torque and HP.
Are the clipsters that good? Does anyone have any experience with the
clipsters on any vehicle?

Mikael