[DeTomaso] GT5S TYRES WANTED

Peter Havlik peterhavlik at me.com
Mon Aug 15 13:11:48 EDT 2011

Charles:

I recall the problems you had with the old Pirelli P7s. I'm hoping that the PZeros will have a longer tread life. I've put about 4,000 km on mine so far, and they show no signs of wear yet.

The fact that Pirellis are harder to source in Europe is surprising. When I was searching for my tires, one of the North American dealers I talked to said that the 345-35/15s were supplied to them only occasionally because Pirelli never sent a dedicated shipment; they only just stuffed the odd ones in a container to fill leftover empty space. I took that to mean there must be a stockpile in Europe from which they take them.

By the way, prices in Canada have been skyrocketing. I have a friend who deals in Pirellis, and he told me his cost would be $1,100 wholesale per tire.

- Peter