[DeTomaso] Original 7 and 8 inch Campies

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:18:15 EDT 2011

Demand is predictable low for 7+8"s. (especially 7's)  Is it even a matched set?

There is a gap in what recent ebay-like sellers want and what the going market will pay,
so I watch sets for sale at unrealistic asking prices languish for a long time.

I readily admit I am a bottom fish-er for unwanted Campys as I'm happy to give orphans,
pairs or sets a home, but I can only offer shipping cost, so honestly if they wait long
enough someone will pay more than I can afford to pay.  Maybe in the range of $100-200 max
for good condition etc...

My .02 yen.

Chuck

One of our San Diego members passed away about a year ago and his wife has
since sold the car.  However, her son recently found the set of 4 original 7
and 8 inch Campies in a shed out behind the house.  I advised them that the
value is very low, perhaps a few hundred dollars for the set.  Is there any
demand whatsoever for these?  I see them on ebay regularly, but I don't
think I've ever seen any bidding activity (other than the elusive 10 inch
variety of course).
Mike Becker
San Diego