[DeTomaso] GT5S TYRES WANTED

Peter Havlik peterhavlik at me.com
Sun Aug 14 17:45:22 EDT 2011

Colin:

The only places I know of to get the front tires are through Kjell Jansson of the Swedish De Tomaso Club and, sometimes, Roland Jaeckel.

Contact me directly if you want Kjell's coordinates.

As for the rears, they are still active products with Pirelli in their PZero Asimmetrico series. I just bought some from the tire rack in the US and had them shipped here to Canada a few months ago. They should be easier to find in Europe, I expect, because that is where they are made.

I would not worry about mixing tire brands front to rear. When I first put the Pirellis on the back, I noticed a distinct improvement in handling over the Yokos.

- Peter