[DeTomaso] SORC

mark skwarek ehpantera at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 23:04:47 EDT 2011

Just a quick update as to what is happening at the Sandhill Open Road Challenge.
Bob Radfield had no ignition  today but has just picked up a new MSD box and is installing it right now. No shootout for him today.
Myself and Jim Wallace made 3 runs in the 1 mile shootout. This was my first drag race & it was quite exciting.
Pass 1            150.4 mphPass 2            157.3Pass 3            158.0
Should have better breakdowns tomorrow for the times and speeds at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 1 mile.
We are having a great time and the people of Arnold really put out the welcome mat.
Tomorrow is the challenging part. Jim and I are in the 110 mph class. Hopefully Bob will be set to run  .
Frank is with his Porsche and Bud is a navigator this year. Their Pantera's both were not ready.
Hopefully the Speed channel will air some of the footage they shot of my Pantera. We had an in car camera on the last run. It will be on the Hot Rod show.
Mark & Jim