[DeTomaso] Fwd: TOM TJAARDA'S FLIGHT TO C I.

zumzum zumzum at cox.net
Fri Aug 12 21:25:25 EDT 2011

Hello new and old friends,

  Tom and I both want to state our thanks to all who are helping him be in Monterey for the weekend that he so enjoys going to each year. So many have called me and sent in neat letters of dealings with Tom. Just two weeks ago I started this little adventure to provide Tom what he deserves and many people have come together to create this fine time. Tom has been proud of the way this has pulled together.

  He will fly in Wednesday to San Francisco and I will drive him down in a convertible. That eve we will have dinner with Peter and Gayle Brock and two other Pantera friends in Monterey. Kieth Martin of Sports Car Market magazine decided to send down two writers to interview Tom about this unique grass roots effort to bring him to Monterey and treat him to a fine trip and of course about his 40th year of Pantera design.

  Thursday morn for his first time to watch the cars leave out of Pebble early morn for the tour then we head off to Carmel. Thursday eve is open right now with me going to my Lamborghini meeting, Tom may come to Valentino Balboni. Then over to Baja Cantina. I spoke with Tom Mc Dowell of Concorso Italiano fame today about Tom's situation and he will treat Tom Friday as a guest and will have him in a radio interview that morning. Also Tom will be treated to the VIP lunch and be part of the schedule of Concorso Italiano special guest.

  Friday eve Tom and I will head off to the Pantera meet dinner in Carmel valley and if time allows then off to see Rivolta, Zagato and Winston Goodfellow at the Iso meeting.

  Saturday eve I plan to give Tom a thank you party at my place. I am inviting all the de Tomaso people, that is you, and I plan to bring some interesting friends, Tarpy's most likely will create the Italian meal, my new helper Colleen Lister and I will also acquire beer and wine. I will provide a beautiful 1817 home on four acres on a secluded downtown Monterey ridge top. What a relief that your fine cars can be parked in a secure walled in compound and the walk to the auctions is only six blocks. Feel free to help me enjoy this space. This is the house where Tom will stay while in Monterey.

  The other guest will be Jacques Grelley of racing Db-Panhard and art dealer fame. And these others have been asked so maybe Bernald Juchli with Jay Leno, Andrew Reilly who runs the Mullin Bugatti Museum in Oxnard, car crazy Barry Meguiar, Piero Rivolta and Andrea Zagato.  I will inform you later about these guest when they give confirmation.

  But as we know and planned, this will Tom's eve of celebration with his friends, you. Bottom line. Tom may now be able to be a judge Sunday at Pebble and he looks forward to that.  He flys out Monday eve.

  So there you have my story and I'm sticking to it. I thank you all again and hate that I must again ask for more donations, even though I do not want to, but the party need some more financial help if you can. All these monies will be spent wisely and of course will not cover all my expenses for Tom's party. I will pay for the unique other guest that may come. Tom's Air France ride cost me $1600.00 so I have only $520.00 for his Wednesday dinner with Peter Brock and his Saturday party. My Paypal is still ready and happily willing to help you help Tom and the de Tomaso group. Also, I truly need some sort of head count for Saturday eve by Thursday.

My home is:  www.casaborondamonterey.com
Google earth it at;  100 Boronda Lane, Monterey. Look for the huge cross which are the homes sidwalks. You will see two driveways, both will be opened.
My cell is 225-907-4514
My work is 225-343-7525 till Tuesday eve.

Here is my payment received history from Paypal;
My Paypal is Jeff Cobb Auto Works, my email is zumzum at cox.net

Well, I've run out of info to give you all. So I wish you all a fine trip and time in Monterey. And if you can still see to further Tom's cool trip, the please send a donation to my Paypal.

Thank you for reading,
Jeff Cobb