[DeTomaso] Eastwood chassis paint

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 16:36:40 EDT 2011

<< Eastwood has their "Extreme Chassis Black" paint on sale - has anyone used this - what are your thoughts? >>

I've used the Eastwoos Extreme Chassis Black and have been very impressed. It's pretty durable and goes on nicely. However, make sure you don't have a compatibility issue with underlying paint or primer. I shot the satin black areas of my engine compartment with it a couple weeks ago and found a spot or two where it reacted with sandable primer. Although it went on fine over primer sealer. Scroll half way down the page for a close-up:
http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/adventures.htm

I discovered on some forums (Eastwood and others) that folks recommend using the Chassis Black Primer first to avoid such issues.

Cheers!
Garth