[DeTomaso] Tilt Wheel

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 9 19:47:46 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/8/11 9 04 27, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> My question is once you purchase any car and adjust the tilt wheel to your
> preferred poosition, how many times do you ever change it again? My guess
> is never or seldom. If in the Pantera it is an issue of ingress and egress
> then IMO a removable steering wheel can solve most of that and a couple
> spacer blocks where the column mounts can be used to set the steering column
> at your preferred (albeit fixed) tilit driving position easily.

The original tilt wheels were intended for morbidly obese Americans (which
describes more and more of us these days, sadly) to be able to get into and
out of their cars more easily.   Popular on late '60s Fords (including
Shelbys, which tells you how far away from the Shelby philosophy Ford went when
they took over Shelby Mustang production in 1967...)