[DeTomaso] Alignment Specs.....revisited

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Aug 4 10:23:41 EDT 2011

This topic seems to occur often, but looking through the archives I cannot
find a clear winner for what specs should be. The consensus always seems to
be that it depends.  I finally got #1488 back where it can legally drive on
the street and am ready to remove my stock spring spacers. When I do, I'll
get an alignment and roll the fenders if need be to fit the 335 35 17 rear
tires and 225 45 17 fronts.  I can't find my last alignment sheet but the
car currently is very stiff to steer at slow speeds and likes to wander
left/right at high speeds.  Installing a tuneable suspension is in the
cards, just not right now.  What should I shoot for with my stock suspension
until the day of suspension upgrades arrives.

My alignment shop has these setting in their machine, which he used last
time he aligned the car

Front Caster -0.1  to 0.1        Rear Caster
     Camber         2.3  to 3.3 Camber -0.6  to -0.4
   Toe        0.09 to 0.16 Toe         0.13 to  0.19

On behalf of my car, thanks,

Rob