[DeTomaso] small technical problem?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 19:21:02 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/3/11 3:45:26 PM, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:
snip.....
> Actually it is just an air pressure adjustment; different pressure for
> different ride height. I am not sure why you would need to buy Halls kit. The
> shocks are pretty much a direct bolt on.

Halls setup was even simpler: a pair of very small diameter supplemental
air shocks. The ones I saw looked like door closers mounted next to the 'real'
shocks on brackets. You couldn't actually drive far on them... True air
shocks might do both functions; as I remember, Hall's ad said something about
adding up to about 2" for clearing bumps only.   Old timers will remember
Lindsay Crawford's GT-5 conversion also has them for clearing steep driveways
with his factory air dam. They have very slow response time (on the order of
2-3 minutes to pump up) unless you keep an air tank pressurized all the
time. But Charlie might be forced to install this setup out in the street; the
ramp idea sounds more expedient & Hall's setup later. FWIW- J DeRyke